1728 – Extension beg. of the XX C.
In 1728 the Benissa franciscan Brothers settled in the old San Pedro Chapel, which is close to the named Bol beach. The convent and hostel rose up there during the 18th century with devoted contribution and some families donations. Regarding this complex there is only San Francisco church left, which is a temple with only one nave covered by a midpoint vault with its attached arches. The temple also has a blind transept, a communion chapel on the right and a simple bell tower on its façade. The communion chapel is more modern, dated from the beginning of the 20th century and it is covered by a lantern vault.
(This information is published in the Guía de Altea by J. Miguel del Rey)
Photo: Francis Orozco